Today you should read: Ephesians 1:15-23
I’m going to keep this one short and sweet today so that you will feel like you have the time and freedom of mind to pray for a few minutes.
After hearing of the faith of the Ephesians, Paul said he unceasingly gives thanks for them while praying for them (vs. 15-16). Then he goes on to list some things that he prays for them:
- That God would truly make Himself known to them (vs. 17)
- That God would enlighten their hearts so that they would know…
- the hope of the great eternity that lies ahead for believers in Jesus (vs. 18).
- the surpassing greatness of His power toward believers (vs. 19).
- That they would see that all of this is possible because of the power of God which He brought about and made available to them through Jesus Christ, who is over and above all things (vs. 19-23).
I don’t know about you, but when I read Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians, I am compelled to pray these things for myself, my disciples, and my church. Would you take a few minutes and join me in praying these things today?
Posted by: Rich Duffield