Today you should read: Ezekiel 3
God has always been clear to speak into the lives of man. He never plays games – leaves us wondering what He means – or trying our best to figure it out on our own. He tells us – this prophecy – speaking forth the truth.
Through the years since He’s creation, He’s spoken:
▪ Directly to man (as in the case of Adam and Moses)
▪ Using Prophets (chosen men [like Ezekiel] to deliver truth)
▪ Using His Written Word
▪ Using Signs and Miracles
How does God speak to us today?
▪ Through His Servants (pastors, disciplers, parents, friends)
▪ Through His Sprit (that still small voice within us)
▪ Through Circumstances (open and shut doors)
▪ Through Peace (that guiding feeling he gives us within)
▪ Through His Word (this is the TRUMP CARD – it overrules all other)
Ezekiel is sent in chapter 3 to take God’s Word – in this case a stern warning (v.20) to God’s people. God was the One who initiated it and God was the One who enabled it (v.27).
When God speaks He expects us to:
▪ Listen (attentive to Him and waiting to always hear what He speaks to us)
▪ Receive it (take it from Him and make plans immediately to obey)
▪ Act on it (do what He tells us)
Let me ask you a few questions today…
1) When’s the last time you heard the voice of God? If your answer is longer than 30 days – something is wrong. You are either closed off to Him or you simply not listening.
2) What did you do when He spoke to you? Through a pastor – through a friend – through your study – how did you respond?
3) What steps did you take to act on it? Have you followed through?
Posted by: Tim Parsons