Happy New Year and welcome to JumpStart! I’m so glad you’ve decided to join us in our journey through the Bible. I hope you’ll make a commitment to see it all the way through – it will change your life.
Here are some suggestions to make the most of your reading:
- Do it at a consistent time (mornings are best)
- Find a quiet place
- Make your commitment known to your family and your Connect Group
- Be a part of the JS community – write comments when you can
- Try to draw out one thought and think about it through the day
Genesis is the start of it all. Chapter 1 describes God’s incredible handiwork in creating everything! The word “create” means to make something out of nothing – God just spoke it all into being.
FIRST He created light – and separated day from night (v.3-5). Ever thought what our lives would be like without light – if we lived in darkness?
NEXT He made the sky (v.6-8). Take a moment today and look up – look at the beauty in the sunrise or the colors and shapes in the sky.
THIRD God made ground and separated the seas (v.9-10). Remember the last time you were at the beach? Remember the beauty of the ocean?
THEN the plants – all bearing seeds to reproduce. (v.11-13) The plants, the trees, and the flowers.
FIFTH God created the sun, moon and stars, allowing for the seasons, days, and years (v.14-19). Think about how beautiful the stars are – or a moonlit night. Feel the warmth of the sun on your skin…
SIXTH He made the fish and birds – all the bright colors and species. (v.20-23)
NEXT God made animals – wild and tame – small and large. (v.24-25) Ever think about the incredible variety in those?
LAST God made man – His crowning creation in His own image. (v.27-31)
All made in perfect order and with precision.
- How does being made in God’s image affect you?
- Spend a moment praising God for His incredible creation of the world.
- What are all the things that creation put in motion?
- Who can you tell about JumpStart today?
By: Tim Parsons