Jesus’ ministry is in full swing on earth. He is demonstrating His deity through the miracles that He does. Yesterday we read about Him feeding the 5,000 with 5 small barley loaves and 2 fish. After feeding 5,000 men – plus women and children – there were 12 baskets left over!
Today we read about Jesus walking on the water to meet the disciples. They went ahead on the boat and a storm came up suddenly making the water very rough. They rowed 3-4 miles to save themselves and they saw Jesus walking to them on the water. They were terrified. As soon as Jesus got into their boat they were immediately at their destination.
How does Jesus walk into your troubled times? When you and I are rowing for all we’re worth and losing quickly. Why are we so scared when we see Jesus in our lives? And then, we Jesus gets into our boat – He makes things better allowing us to advance to our destination.
What can we learn from this story?
- Jesus knows where we are and cares about our state.
- Even when we exhaust all of our human efforts – we still come up short.
- Jesus will invade our lives with His love and power.
- When we welcome Jesus into our lives He brings peace and direction.
- How has Jesus invaded your life lately?
- How can you welcome Him into your boat?
By: Tim Parsons