Remember when you were a kid? When you got into a shouting match with your friends – MY DAD’S BIGGER THAN YOUR DAD ?!? Well… He really is! That’s what Psalm 83 is all about. God’s people are calling out to Him for help against the wicked enemies. They are asking for God to deliver them and to preserve them as a people.
What does God do? God does what He always does – He comes through! In power!
Aren’t you glad that your Heavenly Father is able to do that? Let’s take a minute today and reflect on how powerful He really is:
- Our Father is Omniscient – He knows everything (Psalm 139:1-6)
- He’s Omnipotent – He has all power (Genesis 18:14)
- God is Omnipresent – He is present everywhere all of the time (Prov15:3)
- He’s Immutable – He never changes (Psalm 102:25-27)
- Our Father is Incomprehensible – He’s beyond our understanding (Job 11:7)
- God is Self-Existent – He depends on nothing for His existence (Ex 3:14)
- God is Self-Sufficient – He brings about His will without help (Ps 50:12)
- Our Father is Infinite – The heavens cannot contain Him (1 Kings 8:27)
- He is Sovereign – In total control (Psalm 135:6)
- God is Holy – Morally excellent – perfect (Exodus 13:11)
- Our Father is Righteous – He always does right (Deuteronomy 32:4)
- He is Just – Fair in all His actions (Numbers 14:18)
- God is Merciful – Exhibits compassion against all who offend Him (Psalm 62:12)
- Our Father is Loving – Love is not based on worth or merit (Jer 31:3)
- God is Good – Gives according to His good will (Psalm 25:8)
Then they will learn that you alone are called the LORD, that you alone are the Most High, supreme over all the earth. (v.18)
Take a moment and thank God for being a Father to you. Look to Him today as your defender and provider. Live in light of that truth.
By: Tim Parsons — Lead Pastor