Proverbs 6 and 7 are the more famous passages on the dangers of adultery, seduction and sexual sin. Many times, for Christians, these sins don’t start with temptation but instead a wandering away from parental authorities truth (v. 20-23). However it does turn into temptation (v. 24) and eventually as verse 25 describes, lust. The remainder of this passage discusses the consequences to such sin in poetic detail.
- How the seducer hunts down a man.
- How most men believe they can get enough to the sin without being burnt by it.
- How there’s punishment.
- How they will be punished sevenfold.
- How they will lose their own families and homes.
- How they lack sense.
- How lives are destroyed.
- How they are wounded, dishonored & disgraced.
- How vengeance and jealousy will come into play.
I don’t know how one can read through that list and not develop a healthy fear of God when tempted with such sin. May this list of consequences save plenty of men from such dire circumstances that many men have suffered after ignoring the warnings from God.
Comment below which consequence spoke to you below.
By: Erik Koliser — West Campus Pastor