Our Great Creator
It’s early morning – I’m sitting on my deck – the sun’s peeking through – it’s a little cool – the birds are singing – WOW! It’s beautiful! There’s a lot of things that are wrong with our world – but it sure is beautiful! We have a masterful Creator!
Let all that I am praise the LORD. O LORD, my God, how great you are! (v. 1)
This Psalm goes on to document the Creator’s awesome acts:
- You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens. When’s the last time you looked at a star-filled night sky?
- You placed the world on its foundation, so it would never be moved.
- At your command – mountains rose, and valley sank.
- You set a firm boundary for the seas.
- You provide water for all the animals.
- You send the rain.
- You cause vegetation to grow.
- You give us the trees.
- The moon is from you.
- The earth is full of your creatures – oceans and land.
- You provide for them.
Let all that I am praise the LORD. (v. 35)
Thank you for all you’ve provided for us. The world you made is so beautiful! Thank you for planning every detail so well. Thank you for caring for all of creation and for caring for me. The evidence of your hand is everywhere.
This brings me so much peace – to know that you are in charge – that you have everything under control.
I want my thoughts to be pleasing to You today (v. 34) so I want to begin my day thinking of You, recognizing who You are, and praising You for what You have done.
I dedicate my day to You.
In Jesus Name,
By: Tim Parsons — Lead Pastor