…so the lord made David victorious wherever he went. (v.6)
Contained in this chapter are several accounts of David’s overwhelming victories over his enemies. God was on his side! This is obvious… but why?
David reigned over all Israel and did what was just and right for all his people. (v.14)
The answer is simple – God blesses obedience – He loves to shower His people with blessings – but He can only do this when we obey (otherwise we could be confused about our behavior). I had a friend who used to say – I want to live close to God and obey Him so that when He looks down from heaven and sees me – God says, “I want to bless him!” David did what was just and right and God blessed it.
Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:33
What’s this look like practically speaking?
- Obey God’s Word – simply put – do what He tells us to do
- Run from sin – most often we run TOWARD sin – run the other way
- Be faithful in the disciplines – this doesn’t make God like you any more – but it does grow and build your relationship with Him (things like time in His Word daily, prayer, worship, Bible memory, serving, sharing, etc)
- Love and serve others – Jesus listed this along side your love for Him and told us that our love for others shows our love for God
- Keep Growing – when you stop growing, you start dying
Let’s walk with God today and enjoy His incredible blessings!
By: Tim Parsons — Lead Pastor