Today you should read: Ezekiel 3
God has always been clear to speak into the lives of man. He never plays games – leaves us wondering what He means – or trying our best to figure it out on our own. He tells us – this prophecy – speaking forth the truth.
Through the years since He’s creation, He’s spoken:
- Directly to man (as in the case of Adam and Moses)
- Using Prophets (chosen men [like Ezekiel] to deliver truth)
- Using His Written Word
- Using Signs and Miracles
How does God speak to us today?
- Through His Servants (pastors, disciplers, parents, friends)
- Through His Sprit (that still small voice within us)
- Through Circumstances (open and shut doors)
- Through Peace (that guiding feeling he gives us within)
- Through His Word (this is the TRUMP CARD – it overrules all other)
Ezekiel is sent in chapter 3 to take God’s Word – in this case a stern warning (v.20) to God’s people. God was the One who initiated it and God was the One who enabled it (v.27).
When God speaks He expects us to:
- Listen (attentive to Him and waiting to always hear what He speaks to us)
- Receive it (take it from Him and make plans immediately to obey)
- Act on it (do what He tells us)
Let me ask you a few questions today…
- When’s the last time you heard the voice of God? If your answer is longer than 30 days – something is wrong. You are either closed off to Him or you are simply not listening.
- What did you do when He spoke to you? Through a pastor – through a friend – through your study – how did you respond?
- What steps did you take to act on it? Have you followed through?
By: Tim Parsons — Lead Pastor
God is honored when we intentionally seek Him in prayer. As a church, we want dependent prayer to be something that marks us. Use the comment section to post prayer requests and experiences of how God has answered prayer and/or changed you through prayer! If you would like to be enrolled to get weekly prayer reminders, text @cpclex to 81010.