Today you should read: Zephaniah 3
In Zephaniah 3 we read the story of life… the narrative of humanity. Your story and my story.
The Damage of Sin (v.1)
Sin is a terrible taskmaster. Just ask Samson – or David – or Adam. It brings damage into our lives that we can’t undo for a long time.
The Pain of Rebellion (v.2-4)
Rebellion distorts our view of God and reality. It causes us to make decisions that are imprudent and costly.
See it in the text…
- No one can tell you anything (v.2)
- You refuse all correction (v.2)
- You trust in yourself – not in the Lord (v.2)
- You seek your own gain (v.4)
- You disobey God’s instructions (v.4)
BUT the Lord is still there… (v.5)
Even though we walk away from Him, He does not desert us. He patiently waits while He works in our lives to bring us back to Himself.
The Benefits of Repentance (v.10-13)
Repentance is when we realize we’ve drifted, and we turn back to the Lord in humility. We seek to be restored.
The Blessings of Obedience (v.14-20)
Watch what doors obedience opens…
- The Lord will remove His hand of judgement (v.15)
- He will protect you (v.15)
- His presence will surround you (v.15)
- He will bring you home again (v.20)
All of this is because of the goodness and grace of the God to us. Verse 17 highlights His goodness…
- He will live among you
- He is a mighty Savior
- He will delight you with gladness
- He will calm all your fears
- He will rejoice over you with joyful songs
Questions to think about today…
- How am I experiencing the damage of sin in my life?
- In what ways am I feeling the pain of rebellion?
- How can I experience the benefits of repentance?
- How can I enjoy the blessings of obedience?
- Take a moment and bask in the goodness of our Savior in verse 17.
By: Tim Parsons — Lead Pastor
God is honored when we intentionally seek Him in prayer. As a church, we want dependent prayer to be something that marks us. Use the comment section to post prayer requests and experiences of how God has answered prayer and/or changed you through prayer! If you would like to be enrolled to get weekly prayer reminders, text @cpclex to 81010.